How to use dental water flosser?
The principle of this type of device is to send a powerful jet of water into the mouth. There are therefore certain precautions to take if you do not want to put water everywhere in your bathroom!
The first thing to do is to always turn on the dental spray after you have it in your mouth. Turn it on and use it above the sink. The jet must always be directed perpendicular to the axis of the teeth.
It is of course necessary to insist on the interdental spaces. It is important to properly adjust the power of the appliance for cleaning adapted to your needs. Pass the tip of the device on the outside and inside of your teeth, especially at the junction of the gum and the tooth.
For excellent oral hygiene, it is recommended to do an Irrigator session at least once a day.
Note that it is also possible to add a mouthwash solution to the water in the device tank to sanitize the mouth further. It is particularly useful in case of oral infection.
The advantages of Irrigators
If Irrigators are so successful, it is not for nothing and it is mainly because their advantages are numerous:
- They go where the toothbrush doesn't have access
- They remove all food residues that lodge in the interdental spaces
- They limit the appearance of dental plaque
- They massage the gum by circulating the blood. This limits the risk of loose teeth
- They are handy and very efficient
- They are suitable for all needs (daily maintenance, wearing braces or bridges.)
- They are more effective than dental floss
- They limit infections and decrease the risk of having cavities
- Children can use them
The disadvantages of Irrigators
As with all devices, the dental jet has some drawbacks depending on the model you buy:
- Dimensions: for some models that do not attach to the wall, they can be bulky in a small bathroom.
- The fragility of the hose: this is a problem that we often hear for certain models. The hose breaks and it is rare to manage to get another one from brands. It will then be necessary to renew the whole device. We therefore advise you to invest in one of these quality devices mentioned above.
How to choose a dental water flosser?
To choose an effective, solid, practical dental sprayer but above all adapted to its needs, several criteria must be taken into account:
- Technology: you will have the choice between a single-mode model, simply provided with a water jet and a model which combines the water jet and air microbubbles. It is less common. However, it optimizes the massage of the gums and reduces the anaerobic bacteria that can exist in the mouth.
- Pulsations: depending on the model and brand, the power level can vary. Some brands opt for softness while others rely on power. The number of pulses per minute can range from 1,000 to 1,600.
- Pressure it is adjustable on most models, using a graduated dial from 1 to 10 most often.
- The tank: this is an essential criterion depending on the use you will have of your device. Depending on whether you want a model for the whole family or just for you, choose the tank capacity well. It varies from 120 ml to 1 litre
- Power supply: you will have the choice between models on battery, mains or battery, therefore rechargeable.
The dental jet is essential today when you want to take care of your teeth and gums on a daily basis. It is recommended for all audiences, and in particular for wearers of dental appliances or prostheses.