Are you looking for an electric toothbrush for children? From 5 years old, your child can use this device. Discover the main criteria to make your choice:
- Choose a children's toothbrush with a small and light handle: your child should feel comfortable when brushing their teeth. The handle of the toothbrush should be adapted to its teeth to facilitate a good grip. A wide, rather flat and very light handle will help grip.
- Prefer around, rotary and removable head: in order to effectively treat the spaces between your child's teeth, prefer around and rotary head toothbrush. Around the age of 6, this criterion is less important. Thanks to a removable toothbrush, you can change the shape of the head without having to replace the entire toothbrush.
- Pay attention to the stiffness of the hairs: Choose flexible hairs which do not scratch the enamel and preserve the gums of your toddlers.
- Favor small brushes: An electric toothbrush for children must have a small brush to facilitate the dosing of toothpaste.
- Opt for intuitive toothbrushes: the use of the electric toothbrush must be simple for your kid to be autonomous. We press a button and brush.
- Instead, opt for a toothbrush with a built-in timer: some manufacturers offer models with a sound timer, possibly a musical one, so that your kid carefully respects the brushing time, now set at 2 minutes.
- Prefer patterned toothbrushes: your child will tend to consider this exercise less of a chore if he brushes his teeth with his favorite heroes. It can even become a game for him.