Why you should use a dental picks
Depend on your mouth condition, such as the experience of treating caries, and the presence or absence of periodontal disease, a dental picks may be essential.
Of course, even if you have no problem with your mouth, it is better to use a dental picks, but be sure to use it in the following situations.
- One with a bridge
Bridge is a treatment method in which when a tooth has been lost, metal is placed so that it bridges using the teeth on both sides of the tooth.
In fact, the parts without teeth can be supplemented with bridging metal. Where there are no teeth, there are dummy teeth called, “poetic.” The area around the bottom of the poetic is a very dirty area. It is necessary to carefully brush between teeth, so that, healthy teeth on both sides do not suffer from tooth decay or periodontal disease.
- Wider gap between teeth
If there is a large gap between the teeth, it is straightforward for dirt to collect in that area.
It is necessary to use a dental picks because it cannot be easily removed with a toothbrush.
- Those with advanced periodontal disease
If periodontal disease is progressing, it is necessary to thoroughly remove periodontal disease bacteria at the root of the tooth during treatment. With a toothbrush alone, the root dirt cannot be completely removed. In particular, the root of the tooth between teeth cannot be removed without a dental picks.
How to use the dental picks
When there is a wide gap between teeth, plaque can be effectively removed. It is effective to use a dental picks when treating tooth decay, behind the innermost tooth, under a bridge, or where teeth are left out.
In addition, the L-shaped dental picks is suitable for cleaning the back teeth. Use from both the outside and inside your teeth.
- Be sure to look in the mirror when using. It is easy to operate if you hold it like a pencil.
- Insert it slowly and diagonally so as not to damage the gums.
- With the dental picks horizontal, clean it by turning it back and forth two or three times along the tooth surface.
- Lightly apply the dental picks along the front and rear teeth next to it and clean.
- After use, rinse with running water and store in a well-ventilated place.
- Replace the brush if the dental picks’ hair is disturbed or shortened.
The dental picks are used to remove plaque (plaque) in the areas where the bristles of the toothbrush are difficult to reach, so once a day, regardless of when the food residue is caught between the teeth Use after brushing.
Advantages of dental picks
- Removes dirt that cannot be removed with a toothbrush
With a toothbrush-only cleaning method, only about 60% of plaque can be removed. If you use a cleaning aid such as a dental picks or dental floss, you can remove about 80% of plaque. The remaining 20% will be fine dirt that you can’t remove yourself, so, you need to clean them regularly at your dental office. If the dental picks improves the removal efficiency of plaque, it is very effective in preventing tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Removes dirt from the roots of teeth,
Many people think that a dental picks is suitable for removing dirt between teeth, but it is also effective for removing dirt at the base of teeth. The root between the teeth is particularly apt to accumulate dirt, so it is not easy to remove dirt with an ordinary toothbrush alone. It is a good place to use a dental picks, as it is a place where periodontal disease tends to progress.
Since the surface of the tooth base is made of dentin, it is also a part that is more susceptible to tooth decay than white enamel on the tooth surface. A dental picks is also effective in preventing tooth decay.
- Helps prevent bad breath
Eating debris and plaque that accumulate between teeth can cause bad breath. The causes of bad breath vary, but dirt in the mouth is also a major cause. If you’re brushing firmly and you’re worried about bad breath, dirt may has accumulated in the “between teeth” that couldn’t be reached with a toothbrush.